How to Become A Member
Select the membership level you’d like on the right. Once you click the membership button below, you will be taken to a PayPal checkout process to complete payment for your membership.
Why Become A Member?
As a Friend of the Black Run Preserve, you’ll be able to participate in guided tours and various events at no cost. You’ll see your membership dollars going to work at Black Run Preserve.
Help us make a difference in the local community by preserving this 1,300 acre natural gem. Sign up as a member and join us in our mission.
Friends of the Black Run Preserve’s 2016-2017 Goals
- Install gates in the BRP to stop illegal motorized vehicles & dumping.
- Install bollards and cables at other entry points within the BRP.
- Build parking lots/trailheads and continue trail expansion.
- Continue to inspire a growing culture of peaceful people that enjoy a serene & special place.
The FBRP held its first meeting in May 2012. Since that time we have:
- Obtained $33,000 in grants from local business, REI.
- Conducted a Visioning Event & developed a BRP Concept Plan.
- Expanded, marked, and maintained a multi-use trail system.
- Conducted dozens of clean-up events removing legacy dumping (tires, construction trash) and ongoing dumped articles.
- Added educational signage to the BRP.
- Conducted dozens of guided tours in the BRP.
- Became an official 501(c) 3 entity in August 2014.
- Partnered with Cherokee and Middle School teachers and students on service learning projects, clean-ups, educational trips and projects.
- Worked with DeMasi Middle School teacher, Maureen Heenan, to introduce the natural art/language arts program, Voices From the Land to the BRP.
- Partnered with the DeMasi Middle School Ambassadors Program.
- Started Citizen Science Projects: Nest Boxes & Stream Monitoring
- Partnered with local Boy Scout Troops’ Eagle Scout Candidates.
Join Us In Our Mission
Our mission is to preserve and protect the unique natural beauty and Pine Barrens ecology of the Black Run Preserve for the benefit of all citizens. We strive to maintain the pristine quality of its natural resources while promoting healthy outdoor activities, environmental awareness and education.
We hope you’ll become a “Friend of the Black Run” member!
Friends of the Black Run Preserve (FBRP) is registered as a nonprofit organization under Internal Revenue Service section 501(c)(3), and contributions to the FBRP are tax deductible.